JOB TYPE: Full-time
LEVEL: Experienced Staff
The role involves working with the Head of Trading directly supporting him with day to day management of the Portfolio as well as generating revenues operating on the above-mentioned markets.
You will help generate ideas as well as help execute trades.
You will also contribute any ideas and specific experience
The preference is for an energy trader with a solid academic background, preferably coming from an Asset based experience.
Main responsibilities include:
* Help managing Power position in UK, DE, FR, CH and IT;
* Help managing Gas position in UK, IT, NL and FR;
* A clearly defined trading strategy with revenue targets;
* An ability to communicate effectively the risk profile of the trading strategy and max loss/drawdowns;
* A high level of commitment and of technical proficiency including the management of daily P/L, sound business acumen and strong business knowledge;
* You will manage your own limits in terms of VaR and P/L under the overall desk limits as agreed with your Manager.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* The ideal candidate must have a proven previous experience in a Trading role within a commodity / energy background;
* You will have an analytical mindset and you will have attention to details;
* It is highly preferred to have a previous proven experience or good understanding of the European and UK generation assets and the interconnections between the various European grids/Hubs;
* The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic, highly motivated, enthusiastic and a real team player;
* You should have great communication skills, entrepreneurial mindset and natural risk management approach within parameters;
* Excellent knowledge of English language is required, while the knowledge of other languages is considered an advantage.
* Proven previous experience in a Trading Power role
* Proven track record including a VaR indication and its relative returns.
* Bachelor's or more
Green Network UK PLC is a diverse and inclusive employer. We celebrate diversity. We are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, backgrounds, and cultures. No applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, nationality or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, age, religion or belief. Offers will be subject to a basic Disclosure and Barring Service check, Academic Title and or Professional Qualification check and at least two independent references