Job Purpose: Co-ordinate delivery and development of Colchester United FITC Education department.
Location: Shrub End Community Sports Centre, Boadicea Way, Colchester, CO2 9BG
Key Relationships: All stakeholders, Schools, EFL Trust, Premier League, Colchester United Football Club, Essex CFA
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To coordinate the successfully implementation and delivery of Premier League Primary Stars, Joy of Moving and Sport and Education programmes as a key member of the Education team.
- To support on the expansion and sustainability of Sport and Education Programmes
- To ensure all school sport incentives are met with the schools, this will require liaison with CUFC
- To support in the delivery of the CUFITC Sports activities
- To provide schools and Sport and Education Manager with the day to day coaching amendments
- To work with Head of Community to co-ordinate development projects as instructed
- To co-ordinate the preparation of coaching packs and staff online tool to include code of conducts, schemes of work and online staff tool
- To coordinate, manage, deliver and monitor coaching sessions with groups of young people, or organisations
- To use views as a monitoring tool and support the Senior Team in producing appropriate reports
- To support with CUFITC administration as required
- To administrate the Sport and Education Programmes
- To liaise with Schools concerning CUFITC day to day operation
- To lead, motivate, mentor sessional staff when appropriate
- To plan, monitor and evaluate all coaching sessions led or assisted at
- To ensure Safeguarding is adhered to including keeping personal DBS, First Aid qualifications
- To provide reports and invoice information as requested by finance department
- To ensure the quality control of coaching sessions and CUFITC equipment.
- To contribute to staff development including coach education and peer coaching
- Colchester United Football in the Community is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all our staff and volunteers to fully support and promote this commitment.
- In line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Exceptions Order 1975, as this role involves working with vulnerable groups, Pre-Employment checks will include a satisfactorily completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Health & Safety:
- Fully endorse, demonstrate and carry out the company's health and safety policy.
- Comply with all company policies and statutory regulations.
- Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation with regard to fire.
- Co-operate fully with colleagues requiring assistance and to be flexible when assisting them in response to business needs of CUFITC.
- Act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the CUFITC Designated Safeguarding Officer.
- Ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst employees and customers.
- The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Company. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
- Level 2 NGB award
- FA Youth Modules
- Full UK Driving Licence with access to own vehicle
- Member of the FA licences club
- UEFA B Football Coaching Certificate
- AFPE Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- One other national governing body qualification
- Futsal coaching certificate
- Multi-Skills Training
- Coaching for disabled footballers
- Mini-bus Licence/eligibility
- Must have relevant experience. This will include coaching within a sports development environment, experience of coaching and project management skills.
- Working within partnership and multi-agency programmes.
- Working with young adults, primary and secondary school aged pupils.
- Activity planning, project management and staff management.
- Experience of delivering commercially viable coaching schemes.
- Experience of meeting income-driven targets.
- Knowledge of the EPPP academy system and experience of developing grassroots to academy pathways.
- Experience of writing reports and good IT skills.
- Experience of using VIEWS system.
- Working within a professional football club environment.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the post holder may be required to take on additional responsibilities as agreed with CUFITC Head of Community. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
Please note that this role is subject to a successful DBS & reference check.
Contract Type: Full Time
Number of Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £17,000 OTE £18,000 - A company vehicle and business mobile phoneare also included
Benefits: A company pool vehicle and business mobile phoneare also included