Colchester United's Football in the Community (CUFITC) is the official charity partner for Colchester United Football Club. We provide high quality sports and education programmes to 8,500 children, young people and adults from across the region each week.
Would you like to make a difference in your local community? Are you passionate about giving opportunities to people to positivity impact their lives?
CUFITC are looking to appoint a Sport & Education Manager, this exciting opportunity provides a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join a progressive team.
We are seeking a driven, energetic and ambitious individual to plan and deliver a co-ordinated programme, in line with our charitable objectives and targets.
As this position is a key appointment in our organisation, you will have the tenacity to achieve targets and the creativity to overcome obstacles. You will be a leader and have the ability to inspire and motivate people from all backgrounds and communities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To lead and successfully implement the delivery of Premier League Primary Stars, Joy of Moving and Sport and Education programmes.
- Be a point of contact and manage Sport & Education Co-ordinators within the department
- To support on the expansion and sustainability of Sport and Education Programmes.
- To support in the delivery of the CUFITC Sports activities
- Proactivity explore new opportunities for CUFITC to expand its work within the education sector.
- To provide schools and Community Performance Manager with the day to day coaching amendments
- To work with Community Performance Manager to co-ordinate development projects as instructed
- To co-ordinate the preparation of coaching packs and staff online tool to include code of conducts, schemes of work and online staff tool
- To ensure all school sport incentives are met with the schools, this will require liaison with CUFC
- To coordinate, manage, deliver and monitor coaching sessions with groups of young people, or organisations
- To use views as a monitoring tool and support the Senior Team in producing appropriate impact reports
- To support with CUFITC administration as required
- To lead and successfully implement effective administration of the Sport and Education Programmes
- To liaise with Schools concerning CUFITC day to day operations
- To lead, motivate, mentor sessional staff when appropriate
- To plan, monitor and evaluate all coaching sessions led or assisted at
- To ensure Safeguarding is adhered to including keeping personal DBS, Safeguarding and First Aid qualifications are up to date
- To provide reports and invoice information as requested by finance department
- To ensure the quality control of coaching sessions and CUFITC equipment
- To contribute to staff development including coach education and peer coaching
- Colchester United Football in the Community is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all our staff and volunteers to fully support and promote this commitment.
- In line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Exceptions Order 1975, as this role involves working with vulnerable groups, Pre-Employment checks will include a satisfactorily completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Health and Safety:
- Fully endorse, demonstrate and carry out the company's health and safety policy.
- Comply with all company policies and statutory regulations.
- Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation with regard to fire.
- Co-operate fully with colleagues requiring assistance and to be flexible when assisting them in response to business needs of CUFITC.
- Act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the CUFITC Designated Safeguarding Officer.
- Ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst employees and customers.
- The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Company. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
Qualifications & Experience
Level 2 NGB award
FA Youth Modules
Full UK Driving Licence with access to own vehicle
Member of the FA licences club
UEFA B Football Coaching Certificate
AFPE Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning
One other national governing body qualification
Futsal coaching certificate
Coaching for disabled footballers
- Must have relevant experience. This will include coaching within a sports development environment, experience of coaching and project management skills.
- Working within partnership and multi-agency programmes.
- Working with young adults, primary and secondary school aged pupils.
- Activity planning, project management and staff management.
- Experience of delivering commercially viable coaching schemes.
- Experience of meeting income-driven targets.
- Knowledge of the EPPP academy system and experience of developing grassroots to academy pathways.
- Experience of writing reports and good IT skills.
- Experience of using VIEWS system.
- Working within a professional football club community environment.
Salary 22,000 to 25,000 (dependent on experience)
40 hours per week
- Use of Company pool vehicles
- Business mobile phone
- Opportunities to work match days for Colchester United Football Club
- Access to bespoke CPD from our partners including the Premier League, English Football League, The FA Professional Football Association and other key partners
- A pension scheme is available for eligible applicants
- Free car parking onsite
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks.