Colchester United Community Foundation (CUCF) the official charity partner for Colchester United Football Club and the Colchester United Academy has an exciting opportunity available. CUCF provides high quality sports and education programmes to 9,000 children, young people, and adults from across the region each week, whilst the Colchester United Academy, one of only two League 2 Clubs with Category 2 status in England provides professional development opportunities to players aged 9-23years.
Both CUCF and the Colchester United Academy are looking to appoint a professional, dedicated, and confident Senior Community & Academy Coach on a full-time basis to join our team.
The successful candidate will share our club values and be responsible for delivering high-quality provision within our community programmes (Health & Inclusion, Participation & Education), adopting our methodology and schemes of work, alongside developing players within our academy following the Academy Performance Plan (APP).
This position is a key appointment within the club, and you will require tenacity and the creativity to overcome obstacles. You will be a leader and have the power to inspire and motivate people on and off the pitch and school playgrounds.
Position: Senior Community & Academy Coach
Location: Shrub End Community and Sport Centre, Boadicea Way, Colchester, C02 9BG / Colchester United Training Ground Florence Park, Grange Rd, Tiptree, Colchester CO5 0UH
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer & Academy Manager
Contract Type: Full Time
Number of Hours: 32 hours per week (CUCF) / 10 hours per week (Academy)
- Minimum UFEA B coaching Award Essential
- Advanced Youth Award (Desirable)
- FA Introduction to First Aid in football
- FA Level 2 Emergency Aid (EFAiF) – Willing to complete.
- FA Safeguarding Children
- Enhanced DBS check – willing to complete a CUFC Enhanced DBS Check
- Full Clean UK Driving License
Benefits: As part of your involvement with Colchester United Community Foundation and the Colchester United Academy, the following benefits are available to staff:
• Company pool vehicle & fuel card
• Opportunities to work match days for Colchester United Football Club
• Access to bespoke CPD from our partners including the Premier League, English Football League, The FA
• Association and other key partners
• A pension scheme is available for eligible applicants
- Colchester United Community Foundation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all our staff and volunteers to fully support and promote this commitment.
- In line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Exceptions Order 1975, as this role involves working with vulnerable groups, Pre-Employment checks will include a satisfactorily completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Health & Safety
- Fully endorse, demonstrate and carry out the company’s health and safety policy.
- Comply with all company policies and statutory regulations.
- Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation with regard to fire.
Proposed start date: ASAP
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced CUFC DBS check.