Colchester United's Football in the Community is a registered charity that provides high quality sports and education programmes to children, young people and adults from across the region.
In August 2014 Colchester United Football in the Community was awarded charitable status enabling us, as an organisation, to be supported by the Charities Commission and Football League Trust. This also ensures that all the funding and income received is re-invested back into the improvement and development of the organisation.
The role offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join a progressive team at Colchester United Football in the Community and lead on our Education programmes.
We are seeking a driven, energetic and ambitious individual to plan and deliver a co-ordinated programme, in line with our charitable objectives and targets.
As this position is a key appointment in our organisation, you will have the tenacity to achieve targets and the creativity to overcome obstacles. You will be a leader and have the ability to inspire and motivate people from all backgrounds and communities.
Co-ordinate delivery and development of Colchester United FITC Education department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To coordinate and manage the successfully implementation, delivery, and development of Premier League Primary Stars programme as directed by the PLCF application.
- Working with our Lead for Quality Assurance and our Education Strategic Lead, coordinate and manage our Sport and Education Programmes.
- To coordinate and manage the successfully implementation and delivery, and development of EFL Trust Move and Learn programme within a primary school setting.
- To complete School visits sessions this would include combining School Head teacher meetings.
- To support on the expansion and sustainability of Sport and Education Programmes.
- To ensure all school sport incentives are met with the schools, this will require liaison with CUFC.
- To support in the delivery of the CUFITC Sports activities.
- To manage the day to day coaching rota including amendments.
- To work with Head of Community to co-ordinate development projects as instructed.
- To co-ordinate the preparation of coaching packs and staff online tool to include code of conducts, schemes of work and online staff tool.
- To coordinate, manage, deliver and monitor coaching sessions with groups of young people, or organisations.
- To use views as a monitoring tool and support the Senior Team in producing appropriate reports.
- To lead and operate the EFL Trust Kids cup competitions.
- To support with CUFITC administration as required.
- To administrate the Sport and Education Programmes.
- To liaise with Schools concerning CUFITC day to day operation.
- To lead, motivate, mentor sessional staff when appropriate.
- To plan, monitor and evaluate all coaching sessions led or assisted at.
- To ensure Safeguarding is adhered to including keeping personal DBS, First Aid qualifications.
- To provide reports and invoice information as requested by finance department.
- To ensure the quality control of coaching sessions and CUFITC equipment.
- To contribute to staff development including coach education and peer coaching.
- AFPE Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Member of the FA Licences Club
- UEFA B football coaching certificate
- One other national governing body qualification
- Futsal coaching certificate
- Coaching for disabled footballers
- Mini-bus Licence/eligibility
- Must have relevant experience. This will include coaching within a sports development environment, experience with coaching and project management skills.
- Working within partnership and multi agency programmes.
- Work with young adults, primary and secondary schools pupils.
- Activity planning, project management and staff management.
- Experience of delivering commercially viable coaching schemes.
- Experience of meeting income driven targets.
- Knowledge of the EPPP academy system and experience of developing grassroots to academy pathways.
- Experience of writing reports and good IT skills.
- Experience of using VIEWS system.
- Working within a professional football club.
Hours40 hours per week
£18,000 OTE £19,000 - A company vehicle and business mobile phone are also included.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the post holder may be required to take on additional responsibilities as agreed with CUFITC Head of Community. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
Please note that this role is subject to a successful DBS & reference check
Closing date - Friday 3rd August 2018
Interview date - WC 6th August 2018
Proposed start date - Monday 3rd September 2018