Are you passionate about working with and engaging young people aged eight to 18 to help them to achieve their full potential and improve their well-being?
Colchester United Community Foundation is a registered charity that provides high quality Sports and Education programmes to 9,000 children, young people and adults each week from across our communities. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and qualified individual to lead high quality delivery on our Premier League Kicks programme. You will need to be able to inspire young people and be passionate about supporting who are at risk of anti-social behaviour. This role requires evening work.
Premier League Kicks provides young people aged 8-18 years who are at risk of anti-social behaviour, youth violence and/or from high-need areas the chance to regularly engage in football, sport, mentoring and personal development opportunities.
Applicants must have a minimum qualification to apply:
- FA Introduction to Coaching Award/FA Level 1
- FA Safeguarding Children Award
- FA Introduction to First Aid in Football
Roles and responsibilities include planning sessions in accordance with our Premier League Kicks syllabus, delivering as a Lead or Support Coach as part of a Coaching team and constantly reviewing your development and delivery within the organisation.
Ability to work with participates
- Inspires & Motivates
- Role Model
- Understanding of participant development
Quality of Delivery
- Session Structure
Type of Person
- Passionate about sport
You would need to be available for at least two of these sessions.
Sessions in which we are looking to recruit staff:
Tuesday (5pm-6pm) @ Colchester Academy School, Greenstead.
Wednesday (5pm-6pm) @ Clacton Leisure Centre, Clacton-On-Sea.
Thursday (6.30pm-7.30pm) @ Harwich and Dovercourt Lifestyle Bay, Harwich.
Friday (8.00pm-9.00pm) @ Shrub End Community and Sports Centre, Shrub End.
Job Purpose: To deliver high quality social inclusion coaching and development within our Premier League Kicks Programme, enabling individuals to develop their abilities, reach their potential and interact with their local community.
Pay Rate: £5.30- £13 per hour dependant on experience & age.
- Represent Colchester United
- Working closely with the Club, Community Foundation and First Team players
- Access to CPD & Training in relation to matchday roles and activities
- Colchester United Community Foundation and Colchester United is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people, and adults at risk. We expect all our staff and volunteers to fully support and promote this commitment.
- In line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Exceptions Order 1975, as this role involves working with vulnerable groups, Pre-Employment checks will include a satisfactorily completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- This person must have a minimum FA Introduction to Coaching Award, FA Safeguarding Children and First Aid certificates (In date)
- References will be required.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Health & Safety
- Fully endorse, demonstrate, and carry out the club’s health and safety policy.
- Comply with all company policies and statutory regulations.
- Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation regarding fire.
Proposed Start Date: ASAP (Depending on DBS)