eunetworks is consistently working to provide our customers with the best possible service and we need you to be part of our Network Software team, working to provide our customers with a brand new zero touch network provisioning system.
This role will place you at the core of our technology growth path, working with two experienced developers developing software architecture designs with the help of the team and participate in code reviews of your and the teams' completed code.
What will you be doing?
- Network automation software development, including all related documentation (code comments, repositories, version control). Participate in high level software design discussions with the existing team to brainstorm solutions to new features for the current automated provisioning platform or an entirely new system.
- Liaising with the Salesforce development team in order to develop appropriate interfaces between Salesforce
- and live network platforms.
- Subject matter expert for Python programming at euNetworks.
- Assisting in evaluating 3rd party network automation tools, including interfaces between those tools and existing euNetworks systems.
What tools will you be using to do this?
- Git versioning control system.
- Docker and related tools (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Python microservices (e.g. Celery, Django, Flask and others) - our software is leaning on microservices so understanding what they are would be useful.
- Programming languages - Ability to learn other or have knowledge of other programming languages such as C++, Java, C. This is desirable due to future projects potentially being written in a more applicable language for the system.
- Experience with log management, aggregation & monitoring tools (Splunk, Sentry, etc.).List sytems, software, hardware etc
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals advantageous. For example, knowing what a VLAN is and the difference between QinQ and .1Q.
We'd like you to bring to us.
Strong software debugging skills with the understanding of what makes good software. The ability to also take a project from initial requirement to completion and "push it over the line" to deployment. It is also required that you have excellent communication skills and be able to confidently and articulately expound on your thoughts and ideas.
Required qualifications/knowledge (in order of importance)
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related field, and/or relevant industry experience.
- Experience programming in Python required at an intermediate to advanced level. It would be desirable that you be able to "hit the ground running" with Python
- Experience of working with APIs (REST, SOAP etc.)
- Exposure to developing software for Linux.
What can we offer you?
A great environment.
We're a dynamic company that has been consistently growing for the past 10 years but we remain focused on creating a supportive and stimulating atmosphere, that enables our team to build rewarding careers through meaningful work.
We invest in our people as we scale our business, through a competitive benefits package, educational advancement, well being workshops and more.
euNetworks are building a diverse staircase of talent and dynasty of Leadership
What do we do?
As a leading bandwidth infrastructure provider, euNetworks owns and operates deep fibre networks in 14 cities across Europe and also operates a highly differentiated long haul network that spans the region. euNetworks continues to invest in its network, building unique routes, adding multiple diverse paths and extending reach into key hyperscale sites, data clusters and aggregation points. These investments fuel the company's growth and are driven by the bandwidth demands of its customers.