Do you have lab experience gained in industry along with a chemistry degree? I'm currently recruiting for a Laboratory Analyst to join an additives manufacturing company at their site based near Colchester, on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is manufactures additives amongst other materials and due to expansion, is now looking for a Laboratory Analyst to join their team. The company offers a salary of £20,000 pa for this role depending on experience. Previous industrial lab experience is a must and the company offers 25 days holiday, bonus, private health cover and generous pension. Hours are 8.30-4.30 Monday-Friday.
This role is located near Colchester. Please note that being able to drive with your own motorised transport is an essential requirement due to the location of the site, as well as living locally.
Your main duties will be:
- A range of laboratory experiments and analysis, including quality control testing to ISO9001: 2008, ISO14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007, and effluent self-monitoring standards.
- Providing analytical and technical support to the Fuels Additive Plant, Recovered Sulphuric Acid Plant and online analysis.
- Maintaining and developing QC laboratories, including consumables and associated equipment.
- Providing 'on call' technical support for QC related issues.
- All laboratories and plant analytical equipment are maintained such that all regularly-performed tests can be carried out always.
- Improvements in operation, technical, and analytical support functions are sought and introduced where appropriate.
- The Operations Manager or their deputy is kept informed of any issues that are likely to affect the chemical operations.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry - essential.
- Some industry-gained experience of laboratory work - essential (this could be during a placement year or since graduating).
- Laboratory, QC and synthetic knowledge.
- Driving license and own transport - essential.
- Live locally.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46901 in all correspondence.