The key function of this role will be to undertake all grounds related activities in order to meet the needs of Colchester United Football Club to ensure that the facilities across 4 sites in Colchester, Maldon and Tiptree are maintained to an excellent standard and is available for use during the required times. You will also be required to maintain the grounds at Forrester Park Golf Club and other sporting venues.
You will report to the Head Groundsman.
- Inspection of all goal posts and pitches.
- Setting up all pitches, goals and pitch areas ready for matches.
- Post training session repair and maintenance of pitch surface and surrounding areas.
- Co-ordinating and undertaking all grass-cutting and maintenance of surrounding areas.
- Maintaining irrigation and drainage systems.
- Painting and maintaining posts and equipment.
- Keeping the area free of litter.
- Maintain the register of all grounds equipment.
- Maintenance and testing of all grounds maintenance equipment.
- Changing holes, raking bunkers, brushing greens, moving tee markers and general golf course maintenance..
n.b. Further training will be given to the successful applicant.
- Flexibility within role and must be available to work scheduled hours, including weekends and evening.
- Must be able to work to deadlines and under own initiative.
- Able to work under pressure whilst maintaining professionalism.
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence.
Hours: Full time – 40 hours per week preferably over 6 days.
Salary: £21,000 to £25,000pa depending on experience