Colchester United's Football in the Community (CUFITC) is the official charity partner for Colchester United Football Club. We provide high quality sports and education programmes to 8,500 children, young people and adults from across the region each week.
Would you like to make a difference in your local community? Are you passionate about giving opportunities to people to positivity impact their lives?
CUFITC are looking to appoint a Community Development Officer, this exciting opportunity provides a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join a progressive team.
We are seeking a driven, energetic and ambitious individual to plan and deliver a co-ordinated programme, in line with our charitable objectives and targets.
As this position is a key appointment in our organisation, you will have the tenacity to achieve targets and the creativity to overcome obstacles. You will be a leader and have the ability to inspire and motivate people from all backgrounds and communities.
Position: Community Development Officer
Location: Shrub End Community and Sport Centre, Boadicea Way, Colchester, C02 9BG
Reporting to: Head of Business Development & Investment
Contract Type: Full Time
Number of Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary 20,000 - 23,000 (dependent on experience)
Benefits: As part of your involvement with Colchester United Football in the Community the following benefits are available to staff:
- Company pool vehicle
- Business mobile phone
- Opportunities to work match days for Colchester United Football Club
- Access to bespoke CPD from our partners including the Premier League, English Football League, The FA Professional Football Association and other key partners
- A pension scheme is available for eligible applicants
- Free car parking onsite
To find out more information, please have a look at the Community Development Officer Job Pack here .
How to apply:
If you would like to discuss the role further please call 01206 755160 or email email@example.com FAO: Jake Mullinder.
- Closing date: 15 th July 2022 (Please note this may close earlier if suitable candidate is found)
- Interview date: WC 18 th July 2022
- Proposed start date: ASAP but by 22 nd August 2022
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks
Disability Development Officer
Head of Business Development & Investment
To establish new and develop existing sustainable opportunities for NCS and inclusion projects within Colchester United Football in the Community, the local and surrounding areas based on local need.
Shrub End Community Sports Centre, Boadicea Way, Colchester, CO2 9BG
All stakeholders, Schools, EFL Trust, Premier League, Colchester United Football Club, Essex CFA
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the coordination and delivery of Inclusion activities for CUFITC
- Develop a strong Disability Player Pathway with structured opportunities throughout the County from grass roots to excellence for adults and children
- To work with local and national partners to enhance disability provision within Colchester & North east Essex
- To develop a comprehensive Inclusion programme to utilise the facilities at Shrub End Community and Sport Centre
- To support CUFITC Head of Business Development & Investment on the expansion and sustainability of Health and Inclusion programmes
- To assist in the coordination and administration of tasks associated to inclusion programme specific software & systems
- To deliver coaching sessions as directed
- Ensure effective administration for Inclusion programmes
- To work with Head of Business Development & Investment & to co-ordinate development projects as instructed
- To coordinate, manage, deliver and monitor coaching sessions with groups of young people, or organisations
- To use views as a monitoring tool and support the Head of Community in producing appropriate reports
- To act as a lead Mentor to a group of CUFITC sessional coaches
- To plan, monitor and evaluate all coaching sessions led or assisted at
- To ensure Safeguarding is adhered to including keeping personal CRB, First Aid qualifications up to date
- To undertake appropriate training
- To ensure the quality control of coaching sessions
- To contribute to staff development including coach education and peer coaching
Health and Safety
- Colchester United Football in the Community is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all our staff and volunteers to fully support and promote this commitment.
- In line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Exceptions Order 1975, as this role involves working with vulnerable groups, Pre-Employment checks will include a satisfactorily completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Fully endorse, demonstrate and carry out the company's health and safety policy.
- Comply with all company policies and statutory regulations.
- Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation with regard to fire.
- Co-operate fully with colleagues requiring assistance and to be flexible when assisting them in response to business needs of CUFITC.
- Act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the CUFITC Designated Safeguarding Officer.
- Ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst employees and customers.
- The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive; the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Company. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
Qualifications & Experience
Level 2 NGB award (or working towards)
Coaching for disabled footballers
Full UK Driving Licence
UEFA B Football Coaching Certificate
Youth Work certification
FA Youth Module 3
PFPE Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Must have relevant experience. This will include coaching within a sports development environment, experience of coaching and/or playing and project management skills.
Experience working on or within the NCS programme
Working within partnership and multi-agency programmes.
Working with young adults, primary and secondary school aged pupils.
Activity planning, project management and staff management.
Experience of delivering commercially viable coaching schemes.
Experience of meeting income-driven targets.
Experience of writing reports and good IT skills.
Experience of using VIEWS system.
Working within a professional football club environment.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the post holder may be required to take on additional responsibilities as agreed with CUFITC Head of Operation & Performance. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.