Colchester United Community Foundation (CUCF) is the official charity partner for Colchester United Football Club. We provide high quality sports and education programmes to 9,000 children, young people and adults from across the region each week.
Would you like to make a difference in your local community?
Are you passionate about giving opportunities to people to positively impact their lives, alongside enhancing your education and work experience?
CUCF are looking to appoint enthusiastic, dedicated, and confident Community PE & Sports Coach Apprentices on a 30 hour per week fixed term basis, to join our teaching and learning team, delivering across all strands of the organisation.
The successful candidate will be enrolled on to an education programme to enable them to gain a qualification from either;
1. Community Activator Coach, Level 2: 12 Months + 3 months End-Point-Assessment
2. Community Sport & Heath Officer, Level 3: 14 Months + 3 months End-Point-Assessment
3. Sports Coach, Level 4: 15 Months + 3 months End-Point-Assessment
The successful candidate must ill share our organisational values and will be responsible for delivering high-quality provision within our community, adopting our session methodology and schemes of work.
You will require the tenacity and the creativity to overcome obstacles, demonstrate leadership alongside our full-time workforce and can inspire and motivate people from all backgrounds and areas of our communities.
Position: Community PE & Sports Apprentice
Location: Shrub End Community and Sport Centre, Boadicea Way, Colchester, C02 9BG
Start Date: Monday 8th January 2024
Reporting to: Head of Programme Development
Contract Type: Fixed Term for duration of apprenticeship
Number of Hours: 30 hours per week (with the opportunity to work more if available)
Salary: National Apprentice Minimum Wage (dependent on experience)
Benefits: As part of your involvement with Colchester United Community Foundation the following benefits are available to staff:
Potential for part time or full-time employment post apprenticeship
Work alongside Community Foundation & Academy staff
Opportunities to work match days for Colchester United Football Club
Access to bespoke CPD from our partners including the Premier League, English Football League, The FA Professional Football Association and other key partners
- Colchester United Community Foundation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all our staff and volunteers to fully support and promote this commitment.
- In line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Exceptions Order 1975, as this role involves working with vulnerable groups, Pre-Employment checks will include a satisfactorily completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Health & Safety
- Fully endorse, demonstrate and carry out the company's health and safety policy.
- Comply with all company policies and statutory regulations.
- Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation with regard to fire.
Application End Date: Friday 8 th December 2023
Interview Date: WC 11 th December 2023
Start Date: Monday 8th January 2024
Download Job Pack for the Community PE & Sports Coach Apprentice here .
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks.