An exciting opportunity has arisen at Colchester United Football Club for a Commercial Sales Executive.
Colchester United Football Club is a forward-thinking club with a focus on driving the business forward through commercial activity and is looking to recruit a driven sales executive to join the commercial team.
Joining the existing Commercial team at Colchester United, the Commercial Sales Executive’s role is primarily to drive new business across the clubs commercial product portfolio; managing existing accounts and focusing on sales activities with the aim of delivering growth across the club’s commercial revenue streams.
The Commercial Sales Executive will report directly to the Partnerships & Hospitality Sales Manager.
Lead generation – Identifying and developing local and national leads and contacts through research, cold calling and networking.
Meetings – Instigate and conduct face-to-face client meetings.
Sales – responsibility for driving advertising, sponsorship and hospitality sales revenues in order to deliver individual sales target.
Proposal development – developing partnership proposals to suit the needs of prospective partners and in line with the Club’s commercial goals.
Presentations – being able to lead or support sales presentations and pitches to current or potential partners.
Market research – being knowledgeable and up to date on industry developments and sponsorship agreements.
Sales reports – track weekly performance against agreed targets and manage the sales pipeline in line with the Club’s growth and development plans.
Management of sales database – working with the Partnerships & Hospitality Sales Manager and Media Team to maintain an up-to-date commercial database to help track and plan sales activities.
Contract delivery – Working with internal departments and external suppliers to order and deliver contractable assets to sponsors and advertisers.
Sales administration – Conduct relevant administration to your sales
Job Role Requirements/Candidate Characteristics
The successful candidate will:
- Be a highly motivated and driven individual
- Be personable with the ability to enthuse, persuade and negotiate the best deals for the Club
- Be commercially minded with a sharp focus on the Club’s sales targets
- Be hard working, organised and have the ability to plan ahead
- Have the ability to initiate and drive sales with limited hands-on guidance
- Have the ability to meet and exceed sales targets
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Have high standards and always act with integrity
- Have a good understanding of the market and the football industry
- Have a minimum of two years sales experience in a similar environment.
Hours - This is a full time position 40 hours per week (8:30am – 5:30pm) Monday to Friday plus all home match days. You may be required to work unsociable hours and statuary holidays in line with the needs of the business.
Basic Salary of £22,500.00 per annum. Commission is paid on bookings to readily generate On-Target Earnings (OTE) of between £25,000 - £27,500