Responsible for the effective day to day running of the catering department, you will supervise catering colleagues to ensure that they deliver top quality service to all of our customers. You will be responsible for food and beverage service in the club kiosks and public bars across the stadium on match days and events.
- To work in collaboration with the Head of Catering and Head of Retail in planning and preparing the stadium kiosks ready for match day service to service the fans.
- To manage the day to day duties of the catering business and colleagues, ensuring customers receive the function they envisaged whilst remaining cost effective and productive.
- Monitor/manage staffing levels on each match/function, responsible for ensuring that only essential staff are used, and report any discrepancies to the Head of Catering.
- To ensure all catering areas are fully stocked in advance of matches/functions to maximise sales.
- To ensure stock wastage is minimised through the correct ordering, delivery and allocation of stock.
- To be competent to work in all areas of the catering business.
- Take on the role of FOH service staff where needed, servicing any aspect of business so that the catering business remains efficient and productive.
- To action MEP for the next event in the allocated working area, so that staff set up costs remain minimal.
- After each function ensure that feedback from the event is forwarded to the relevant departments, such as Kitchen, Event Co-ordinators or Catering as a whole, allowing the catering business to develop.
- To manage FOH staff and in conjunction with HR deal with any shortcomings immediately, such as inappropriate behaviour, use of mobile phones, incorrect uniform or the wearing of incorrect jewellery and piercings.
- To be accountable for any stock or monies on an event, ensuring set procedures are followed.
- Ensuring high standards of cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all areas of the kiosks and catering areas at all times.
- Ensure that kiosks and catering areas are tidy and clean after each event so that all areas remain compliant with Health and Safety requirements
- Experience of leading, managing and motivating a team of people.
- Remain flexible at all times to cover any shift pattern, depending on the needs of the catering business; this may include longer shift patterns as required and at short notice.
- Punctual and immaculately presented.
- Excellent Customer Service and Focus.
- Cost conscious.
- Health and Safety awareness.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Set the standard as an ambassador for Colchester United Catering
Hours of work - 40 hours per week
Salary - £18K - £22K per year