Head of Education
To be responsible and progress all educational matters for apprentices and schoolboys, including Thurstable Academy Programme and day-release programme. To work with Academy Manager to ensure apprentice education is completed in the allowed timescale. To ensure education provision meets the academy education philosophy and performance targets.
To be a member of the academy management team and to attend monthly academy management team meetings to assist in the development and progression of the academy performance plan.
Report to the Academy Manager.
Explore opportunities to improve the academy education programme through developing links with local schools and community programmes. To assist in exit policies and procedures for all players leaving the Academy (9-23)
Roles and Responsibilities.
- To oversee all aspects of education required by the LFE and the football Club, including B-Tec, Key/Functional skills and tutor and assess the NVQ Level 3 Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence (ASE) programme.
- To develop and manage the scheme of work and calendar of events for the technical certificate with lecturers and youth academy staff
- To work individually with apprentices to ensure completion of LFE ASE programme.
- To co-ordinate and deliver the apprentice induction programme for the new apprentice intake.
- To co-ordinate and deliver the travel of apprentices to place of education on education days.
- Conduct initial assessment of Year 11 students offered apprenticeship for the next season.
- To monitor and develop the Thurstable Academy Programme, to liaise with school head of years to ensure all academy players are working on individual educational improvement.
- To continually develop links and partnerships with local schools and colleges to progress the educational programme.
- Deliver 12 weekly reports to parents of players on the day release program, reporting on behaviour, attendance, effort and application.
- Co-ordinate twice yearly player/parent/coach education evaluation meetings to have education progress and updates from part time academy schoolboy players.
- Assist in the delivery of the academy brochure for staff/players and parents.
- Liaise with schools of all recruited players, to maintain links with teachers and parents with regard to their academic and football progress, by way of twice yearly written reports.
- To be available to discuss with, or visit the schools of all students in need of support, either academically or due to misbehaviour.
- Maintain appropriate educational support and advice for all players.
- To integrate with all Academy department staff to deliver a holistic development programme for all players.
Participate in all meetings and CPD days provided by the FA/FL and Football League Education.
- Assist in informative presentations to apprentices on areas of social awareness, ie personal, financial, alcohol, drugs, parental and to be available to offer support if and when required.
- Maintain, review and implement the academy education policy and procedures for players, parents and staff.
- Be available for all welfare issues that may arise throughout the academy
- All other areas as reasonably requested by the Academy Manager.
Due to strict guidelines as set out in The E.P.P.P any potential candidate must possess Q.T.S. Cert.Ed, D.T.T.L.S and Level 5 in Education and Training do not fall into this category.
Must have experience in Emergency Aid and Safeguarding and hold a valid DBS.
All staff must be aware of all Safeguarding and Equity and Diversity issues, along with all Academy and Club policies, rules and regulations.