Working for Colchester United Football club, the successful applicant will be based at Colchester United's Training ground in Tiptree.
The role will be to manage the Clubs Foundation Development Phase from Under 8's - Under 10's, to ensure continual Development of Academy players, Coaches and Development Centres.
To be a member of the Club's Academy Management Team.
To attend monthly Academy Management Team meetings to assist in the Development and progression of the Academy Performance Plan.
Liaise with Academy Manager and Lead Youth development coach in registration, de-registration and re-registration of players. Monitor the progression and transition of players from age groups and from Foundation to Youth Development Phase. Liaise with Head of Recruitment to identify new areas of recruitment for potential elite coaching centres.
Report to the Academy Manager
Roles and responsibilities.
- Report to Academy Manager on the development of the Foundation Phase.
- Develop the Elite Coaching centre programme with the Head of Talent ID.
- Monitor and report on individual player development through the PMA Performance Clock.
- Monitor, review and measure the Foundation Phase performance plan, ensuring its progression and success.
- Lead the Foundation Phase Coaches ensuring continuity of training programmes through the age groups.
- Monitor the transition of players from the pre-academy programme into the Foundation Phase and on to the Youth Development Phase.
- To integrate with all Academy department staff to deliver a holistic development programme for all players.
- Prepare and instigate the Coaches Professional Development training programmes.
- Liaise with the Head of Talent ID and Scouting team on recruitment of local players in the Foundation Phase.
- Manage, monitor and develop the Academy PMA, to keep player performance clock records for individual player (ILPs) and staff information and review.
- To undertake any reasonable Academy requirement as set out by the Academy Manager.
UEFA B Licence, A Licence progression- desirable, FA Advanced Youth Award for Foundation and Youth Development Phases. Emergency Aid. Safeguarding. DBS.
Staff must be aware of all Safeguarding and Equity and Diversity issues, along with all Academy and Club policies, rules and regulations.