- Job Reference: 00000053-1
- Date Posted: 20 March 2017
- Recruiter: Colchester United Football Club
- Website: http://jobs.cu-fc.com
- Location: Colchester, Essex
- Salary: £16,000 to £17,000
- Sector: Community & Sport, Hospitality & Tourism
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
The Weston Homes Community Stadium has developed an enviable reputation as one of the leading conference and events venues in the region. Working closely with the Events Manager, The Event Organiser will be responsible for the production and delivery of all Colchester United events held at the Stadium and associated sites.
The successful applicant must be able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail. They must work well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running and delivery of every event.
The role involves varied shifts and is hands-on as part of a team. The nature of the role may require the successful applicant to occasionally work long and unsocial hours in the run up to events.
- researching markets to identify opportunities for club events;
- planning and implementing event marketing and promotion;
- promotion of club events - to include but not limited to social media, free event websites, leaflet distribution;
- liaising with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements;
- producing detailed proposals and plans for events (eg timelines, suppliers, staffing and budgets);
- agreeing to and managing event budgets;
- ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to;
- coordinating and liaising with the catering team to ensure effective delivery of each event;
- planning room layouts and the events programme;
- preparing conference delegate packs and papers;
- coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly;
- post-event evaluation (including feedback, data entry and analysis and producing reports for management).
- Flexibility within role and must be available to work scheduled hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Strong teamwork, communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with particular attention to detail.
- Dedicated to offering first class service.
- Strong time-management and able to work under pressure whilst maintaining professionalism.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Salary: £15-16k Dependent on experience.